Random thoughts from Singapore

Wednesday night. Work brain shut off. Ten laps in the pool under my belt. Dinner a cookin' on the stove. I'm thinking... well, random thoughts. I'm thinking stuff like:

"Do you like websites?" An interview question by Zach Galifianakis. I was going to watch just one episode of Between Two Ferns this morning -- the one with "someone named Bradley Cooper" (pictured below in a slapping contest with Zach). I ended up watching them all. The one with Jimmy Kimmel is especially good. Zach: "Have you ever farted on a cocker spaniel?" Jimmy: "No. No, I can't say that I have." Cheers to my boy Ryan Tanner for drawing my attention to this noise. Unreal, is right.


I'm also thinking: Why does StarHub TV's sports add-on cost so damn much? It's like two times times the price of the basic cable package, which offers a gazillion channels. Is it because they know the people in this town will pay anything in order to watch English soccer and Euro golf? Must be. But I ain't one of those people.

Also... the mussels at Brussels Sprouts are excellent. But the free-flow fries might be even better. If you're ever in the Robertson Walk area, fire up.

I'm thinking about the Andrew Bird concert next Tuesday night at the Esplanade, as well. Finally, some decent live music in Asia. Only had to wait two and a half years. Believe your britches I'm going. Citizen Cope is free to swing through next.

And, lastly (at least until I think of something else), I'm wondering, "Where the hell did my early 30s go?" The big 3-5 tomorrow. My god. Or, as they say in Vietnam, troi oi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Dragons Dance in Salt Lake City

Shop Signs in Ho Chi Minh & Hookah in Hong Kong

5 Ways to Become an Alchee in Saigon